We're an affiliate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
This sage advice from Good Housekeeping in 1885 emphasize the profound impact women have on the lives of men and the sanctity of marriage. They underline the significance of a harmonious partnership, the responsibilities that come with marriage, and the consequences of a troubled union.
For the audio version, please visit my YouTube Channel.
- Women are the guardian angels of life.
- If you wish to ruin yourself, marry a rich wife.
- No man can either live piously or die righteously without a wife.
- The man who is able to govern a woman is able to govern a nation.
- A wife is a gift bestowed upon man to reconcile him to the loss of Paradise.
- Secrets with girls, like guns with boys, are never valued till they make a noise.
- Do not try to produce an ideal child, it would have no fitness in this world.
- She builds up a home or degrades it. If a woman is honored in a home she makes it honorable.
- Never join with your friend when he abuses his house and his wife, unless the one is about to be sold and the other buried.
- A bad wife is a shackle to a man’s feet, a palsy to his hands, a burden on his shoulders, a smoke to his eyes, vinegar to his teeth, a thorn to his side, and a dagger to his heart.