We're an affiliate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
This collection of wise words about women from Good Housekeeping in 1886 celebrates women’s roles in society and family life. It emphasizes their importance in social life, their roles as guardians and angels, and the significance of choosing the right partner for happiness in marriage.
For the audio version, please visit my YouTube Channel.
WISE WORDS ABOUT WOMEN – From Good Housekeeping published in 1886
- Woman is the queen of social life.
- Domestic law should be like that of heaven, the law of heaven is love.
- Wife, a guardian angel o’er his life presiding, doubling his pleasures, and his cares dividing.
- If you would know the political and moral condition of a people, ask as to the condition of its women.
- To a father waxing old nothing is dearer than a daughter, sons have spirits of a higher pitch, but less inclined to sweet, endearing tenderness.
- Happy is it to place a daughter, yet it pains a father’s heart when he delivers to another’s house a child, the object of his tender care.
- I know the sum of all that makes a man, a just man happy, consists in the well-choosing of his wife, and then well to agree it does require equality of years, of birth, of fortune.